Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student loans and Uno

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student loans and Uno

I have more student loans that I can realistically count.  My total balance is only about 30k, so I am not worried about it.  So why so many loans?  They kept getting sold and resold.  Great Lakes sold to someone else, US Dept of Edu took them over and now Great Lakes rebought them....  I feel like these agencies are playing Uno with my student loans!

Combine/consolidate them into a single loan... I plan to when law school is over and done, but for now I am still working on that MBA.  I am only left wondering how many accounts I will end up with before this education experience is said and done...

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GST2008
Frequent Contributor

Re: Student loans and Uno

That's interesting.  I didn't think that the Dept. of Ed. bought and sold loans, just issued them.  I only took out Fed. loans and over the 13 years I was in college, they were never bought or sold.  I was able to consolidate them all at the begining of this year with the Fed. consolidation loan and now they just report as two open loans (Sub and Unsub.).  One login and one payment.

Current:
TU (5/14/14): 796 (Inquiries; 8/23/13)
EQ (3/23/14): 791 (Inquiries: 8/23/13)
EX (9/24/13): 780 (Inquiries: 7/2/12; 11/20/12; 7/30/13; 8/23/13)

Goals: No new inquiries for 2014, 800 for all CRs by 12/31/14
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting until I am done with school before I consolidate mine.  Finishing up MBA program next August, then law school for 5 more years.  It is not allowed to work full time and go to law school full time, so I hope to finish in 5 years.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh and an old power score (before this recent action I was notified of) shows I got 5 student loans with zero balance, 3 USbank and 2 US edu, I am not compaining, it sort of helps my AAoA, or atleast it will when they stop playing Uno with my student loans, or Go Fish.

"Do you have an unsecured loan at 4.5%?"

Nope, go fish!

Message 4 of 5
lolabelle
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have more student loans that I can realistically count.  My total balance is only about 30k, so I am not worried about it.  So why so many loans?  They kept getting sold and resold.  Great Lakes sold to someone else, US Dept of Edu took them over and now Great Lakes rebought them....  I feel like these agencies are playing Uno with my student loans!

Combine/consolidate them into a single loan... I plan to when law school is over and done, but for now I am still working on that MBA.  I am only left wondering how many accounts I will end up with before this education experience is said and done...

How many? Soooooo many. I think I'm over 30 now, after undergrad and two rounds of law school. Only 5 currently have a balance and I only have two lenders at the moment, thank goodness. It can get a bit unwieldy.

Starting Score: 732 (EQ)
Current Score: EQ 08 - 837! Whoo!! (5/14/14);EQ 04 - 795! (5/15/14) 748 (TU - 5/21/12); 760 (EX - 4/16/12 AMEX pull)
Original Goal Score: 760+ EQ --> decimated!
New Goal Score: Just keep swimming...

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.