cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student loans aren't affecting score?

tag
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Student loans aren't affecting score?

I'm not sure if they'll consider the full payment or your payment plan amount when you apply for a mortgage.  That might even vary from lender to lender based on how strict their underwriting standards are.  I would read up about debt-to-income ratios and how they affect the amount you can afford for your mortgage.  Basically, your student loan payment will count against your "back-end" or total debt ratio.  You could also visit with a lender and share your situation and see if they consider the full payment amount or the IBR amount when calculating that ratio.

Message 11 of 13
Luscher
Valued Contributor

honestly, if you have 200k in student loans I'm sure you will have a pretty good paying job. That is either a really great school. or a doctorates lol
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 12 of 13
ladyMJ
Regular Contributor

Makes sense. Thanks!

2/26/15: TU Fico (BarclayCard)- 721
2/18/15: EQ (CK)- 668
2/26/15: EX (EX.com)- 706

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.