Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student loans showing current?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Student loans showing current?!

My Student loans are showing current for the month of February I’ve missed 7 Payments. I called in February to apply for forbearance (which was approved). This caused my score on the Experian site to jump up 38 points. My question is Will it show a current status on the rest of my reports due to being in forbearance? Does anyone have experience with this any advice is welcomed!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Student loans showing current?!

Hi!

Not sure who your servicer is, but, when my SLs were in forbearance, it showed "Pays As Agreed"; however, instead of showing "OK" in the monthly column, it showed nothing. When it came out of forbearance, and I started paying, it went back to normal. Also, when I started paying again, my score rose. I'm not sure what type of forbearance you have, but, after Hurricane Irma, there was also a note that said something like "Affected by Natural Disaster".

Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot to ask...when you say you missed 7 payments, do you mean in a row...or, across 7 different SL accounts. Because when I missed a couple of payments, two years ago, even though they gave me an administrative forbearance, my accounts were marked 90 days late for the time I was late.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I missed 7 Payments in a row on my NelNet loan. I didn’t know once you go into forbearance it will show a current status!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes...it's the period of time before the forbearance that may show the lates...in the case of an administrative forbearance, for example.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.