Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Students Loans No Longer Reporting

tag
nativenyer
Frequent Contributor

Students Loans No Longer Reporting

I have several old student loans that have not reported to the CRA's in a few years.  I have two with Chase who last reported on 8/11, one with Sallie Mae which last reported on 9/08 and one with US Dept of Ed which last reported on 2/07.  I did default on these loans, they were transferred and sold.  Since then I went through rehab and have made timely payments with Nelnet so my account with them is in good standing.  The old loans are listed as paid and closed yet they still report as negative accounts.  Is there anyway to have these accounts removed or possibly GW'd to a positive account?  Thanks in advance for your advice.  I'm new these forums.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Students Loans No Longer Reporting

What is still reporting on the old tradelines?  Any notation or reference to the default should be removed from the accounts, and the tradeline(s) from the collection agency that did your rehab should also be removed.  What can remain are the lates that lead up to the default, which may be why the accounts are still tagged as negative.

If all that remains is those lates, your options are a GW letter or to just wait for them to age off.  Any default notation should have been gone when you finished rehab though, so you can clean that up by contacting the lender with proof of your rehab, and if that fails, disputing and/or talking the ombudsman.

Message 2 of 3
nativenyer
Frequent Contributor

Re: Students Loans No Longer Reporting

Great!!! Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.