cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for best way to proceed with Align student loans?

tag
MONM

Suggestions for best way to proceed with Align student loans?

Greetings all. My first post here, and I'm hoping the pros can get me headed in the right direction.

I took out approximately $20k in student loans for graduate school. I finished in May 2007 but didn't find work that would cover all the bills until April 2008. The loans went into no-pay forbearance from November 2007 through February 2008. The no-pay forbearance then was extended from March 2008 through August 2008. This information is reflected under my accounts on Align's website as well.

Align reports my student loans were 60 days late in February 2008. The especially lovely part is I didn't consolidate the loans, so I have five student loan accounts and get five separate 60-day lates reported.

I've spoken to Align twice (The office is here in town.) and both times got the story that it's against the law for Align to remove anything from my credit report.

Am I missing something because of the skip in deferment between February 2008 and March 2008? Is it time to skip the local office and go the formal dispute route? If I do that, should I include a copy of the forbearance record from Align's website along with the dispute claim?

Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
schrute
Contributor

Re: Suggestions for best way to proceed with Align student loans?

They need to report updated information.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.