Valued Member
dorcastrilling

This year's student loans reported

I just pulled all three FICOs; this years loans have reported, giving me a red flag for the amount of accounts with balances.

My revolving utility dropped 2%, I have three cards reporting balances (of 16 that report, I have not yet used the Kohl's I got a few months ago, but will shortly, to keep it from being closed due to inactivity).

So, with these changes, my scores also changed. Up 1 point on TU, down 1 pt on EQ, up 10 pts on EX. Weird.

Two of the new student loans reporting are small unsubsidized ones, I should be able to pay one in full in January and the other over the course of a few months while the rest remain in deferrment. So, if I get these two paid, that drops the number of accounts reporting balances, and if I am able to consolidate the others, shouldn't that get my installment accounts carrying a balance down to one? My total student loan debt is around 21,400 and I will be taking my BSW in May.

I want the MSW, but more debt is scaring me off.

Scores 9/2008: TU-720, EQ-695, EX-678
Scores 10/08/08: TU-721, EQ - 694, EX - 688

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}