Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips or Hints for AES/PNC based loan.

tag
delayedinsanity
Regular Contributor

Tips or Hints for AES/PNC based loan.

I made a huge mistake when I first crossed the border; I got a student visa, and I went to a school that was very good at sales. They weren't too worried about how I was going to repay my loan, but they were very very happy to bend over backwards help me get one. The loan was for 31k. The entire program was to cost 86. I didn't qualify for a second loan, so I never got to finish, and I now owe 44k and monthly payments of $356 come June (it's been deferred for a bit). The loan is with AES through PNC.

I've looked and looked to see if there is anything that might help my situation due to the fact that I was unable to finish. It wasn't that I couldn't do the coursework, I wasn't allowed to finish, which sadly doesn't qualify under "school closed". It's a private loan so well over half of what I turn up is information that doesn't cover my situation.

This is just a broad, anybody else in the same boat kind of question. The loan shows up as 30k with 44k owed, which seems to put my installment utilization at almost 150%. Is it probable to refinance that to make those numbers match up with one another? Or is there anything I can do to make those payments a little less painful, something I should call up AES and ask about? Almost $400 of my income is gone every month, and I have nothing to show for it. I'm just giving money away.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.