Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Speak with a Direct Loans Representative

tag
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

Trying to Speak with a Direct Loans Representative

I defaulted on my Direct Loans and completed rehab and my loans got picked up by NELNET.  I am trying to talk to a representative of Direct Loans to see if the negative items and defaults will fall off my credit report.  I am hearing mixed things.  I am wondering who to contact?  Do I contact NELNET and ask them since they are my new servicer? That wouldn't make much sense but who knows. Any info is appreciated. THANKS

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
tfkallday
Frequent Contributor

Re: Trying to Speak with a Direct Loans Representative

I saw it is possible to dispute these tradelines by clicking "Creditor agreed to remove my liability on this account" or "Creditor agreed to remove this account from my file" ... Would these potentially work?

Starting Score April 2013: 556
Current Score March 2014: 682
Goal Score Soon (-: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
mbell624
New Visitor

Re: Trying to Speak with a Direct Loans Representative

Generally the negative credit reporting that resulted prior to the loan defaulting of off Direct Loans system would not go anywhere, however the tradeline originally listed as "Defaulted" would be able to be changed to "Account Transfered to another office" once the rehabilitation is completed. You would have to dispute any reporting done by Direct Loans directly with the Credit Bureaus as Direct Loans is no longer servicing Federal Student Loans anymore. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.