Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Dept. of Education Loan - Potential negative accounts

tag
butters149
Established Member

US Dept. of Education Loan - Potential negative accounts

Hello,

I was looking at my report and noticed that I have three US. Dept of education loans that were listed as potential negatives.  They are all closed/transferred status and has late payments on them.  Is tehre anyway I can get those removed?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: US Dept. of Education Loan - Potential negative accounts

Are the lates accurate?  If they are, you can send goodwill letters to the lender and see if they will remove some or all of the lates as a courtesy, or you can just wait for them to age off your report.  Negative information should fall off about 7-7.5 years after it was first reported.

If they aren't accurate, I would get together whatever documentation you have and reach out the lender.  If they don't help, dispute with the CRAs.

Message 2 of 7
butters149
Established Member

Im pretty sure they are accurate, I dont think US dept of education loan is still around anymore.  Do you happen to haev a contact I can send the GW letters to?

Message 3 of 7
tomfromrictmame
Frequent Contributor

I would call them first.  The contact info should be on your Credit Report

AMEX Platinum NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50K | NFCU Sig Visa $27K | Chase Marriott Rewards Visa $25K | AMEX Delta Skymiles $25K | BofA Sig Visa $25K | First Tech Odyssey MC $25K | AMEX HHonors Surpass $23K | Chase United Club Unlimited Visa $20K | Barclays AAdvantage WMC $17K | NFCU LOC $15K | NASA Platinum Visa $15K| NFCU Sig Visa $14K
Message 4 of 7
butters149
Established Member

Just found out that the company servicing my loans was ACS. they have since transferred it to another company.  Any tips regarding goodwills with ACS?

Message 5 of 7
whanisko

I'm looking into the same issue with ACS. I had loans, they had several lates reported and were sold/transferred. I'd like to send them a goodwill letter. From what I've read online, ACS as of recent will not remove anything for anyone. It appears that they used to, but don't anymore. Did you get anywhere with your attempts? 

Starting Score: EQ579/TU 567/EX549
Current Score: EQ?/TU694/EX681
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
onthemove
Contributor

I had issues with Dept of ED

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Student-Loans/Dept-of-ED-after-the-shut-down/m-p/2731669

from my experience and the person (tcrutchf) who replied to my post, you want get a reply from the D of ED. The phone number will just keep on ringing with no answer. I don't know any thing sending information. Never got that far...

Good Luck!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.