Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

University of Phoenix

tag
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: University of Phoenix

Okay....so what happens next?  Someone else contacts you?    I would hold out and say you know, I don't owe you a thing for your screw up.  See if they won't just forgive the "debt" and remove the negative information.   Might  work, might not.

Have you heard anything else?

Message 21 of 28
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I received a mail from their "Executive Office" stating that they have validated the debt, and that i should pay immediately.....

I am thinking of PFD...

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 22 of 28
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Let us know how they respond to your PFD.

Message 23 of 28
lsjohns00
New Contributor

Any updates on this matter. My credit score is very low due to a student loan and repo back in 2009.

Starting Score: 565
Current Score: EQ 653, TU 657, EX 656 Lender Pull (MyFico)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 24 of 28
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

They refused PFD, but i did PIF, and then turn around and emaild the president of phoenix and now i am working with their executive escalation group /.

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 25 of 28
FrugalRican
Blogger

Good luck man.

I've heard nothing but horror stories when it comes to ANYTHING dealing with University of Phoenix (whether it's the bills or just the education).

This is why I laugh in the face of their mailings every once in a while.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 26 of 28
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

I know it has been awhile since you have updated..

I currently have the same issue but my issue with UOP was for different reasons.  it is past SOL for NY and scheduled to fall off my CR on EX in 12/12.

I have since filed complaints with the BBB 7/7/12 and the Arizona Attorney General 7/17/12.

I refuse to pay them a dime even though my LO wants us to pay it.

Have you had any luck with them?

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 27 of 28
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

5 months later to post, i just ended up paying them..... 

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.