Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*Warning* Sofi.com says they do a soft inquiry but it is a *hard pull*

tag
rampman10
Valued Member

Re: *Warning* Sofi.com says they do a soft inquiry but it is a *hard pull*

gh17 I sent you a pm.  I tried disputing with Experian also and submitted proof the disclosure said it was a soft pull.  So far they will not remove the unauthorized hard pull.  I talked to a supervisor there also and I can give you his direct number.  The more people that call them the better.  It is a disgrace that they won't do their job when written proof is submitted.

Message 11 of 23
rampman10
Valued Member

Ubermensch are you still looking into a legal action?

Message 12 of 23
danman1202

Oh man I should have read this before I've been scammed by this company...I got denied three times trying to get them to accept my application so are they going to register three hard pulls?  That's catastrophic!  Will I win if I dispute with experian showing them this info?  

http://i57.tinypic.com/otj9mx.png 

that says soft pull to me...it will not affect your credit score.  a hard pull does.  this is false advertising.  

Message 13 of 23
danman1202

I went ahead and filed with the BBB immediately.  I cannot believe this is allowed to stand.  I'm not taking 3 hard credit pulls on my account.

Message 14 of 23
rampman10
Valued Member

I completely agree with you.  It is misleading and hard inquiries do affect your credit score.  I tried telling this to their representatives and did not get anywhere.  They did not respond to the BBB complaint, but maybe if they get enough complaints they will.  I feel bad for you.  I only checked my rate once.  I did not even apply.  Read their BBB profile.  They have had other types of complaints also.  I am still trying to fight it.  I will direct message you if I get anywhere.

Sorry that you are having the same problem.  I cannot believe what has happened either.

Message 15 of 23
0x47
Contributor

I just found out this as well, and I have two hard pulls from them on my Experian report.  I have contacted them to give them them 10 days to remove the inquiry, or I will pursue with the BBB and/or CFPB.

Needless to say, unless there is a very fast and favorable reply to my email, my business relationship with SoFi is over.

What are our rights to pursue this?  I'll take this to a lawyer if I have to.

Message 16 of 23
rampman10
Valued Member

Sorry you are having the same problem.  Unfortunately Sofi has not showed any willingness to help me or anyone else they have done this to.  You will probably get a call from their 'operations manager' who has refused to remove any of the hard pulls in the past.  Please let us know if anything happens.  Please check your mailbox for a message from me.

Message 17 of 23
rampman10
Valued Member

If anyone else has had this happen to them or if you know anyone who has, let them know they can post their experience here.  I would like to know how many people have been affected.  Thanks.

Message 18 of 23
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

@danman1202 wrote:

I went ahead and filed with the BBB immediately.  I cannot believe this is allowed to stand.  I'm not taking 3 hard credit pulls on my account.

You filed a BBB complaint on something that may not happen? 

And by the time you get any judgement or result, the HP won't have a factor on your score. Just chalk it up as a HP and move-on. I was HP after filling out 4 different apps, 1 HP isn't going to break you. 

Message 19 of 23
rampman10
Valued Member

I am sure Sofi expects potential borrowers to abide by the terms of their consent agreement, and we should be able to expect the same.  Hard pulls do affect credit scores and when potential borrowers have to agree to a consent agreement, it should be accurate.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.