Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What about us who never defaulted?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about us who never defaulted?

Never defaulted but did get behind 90-120, 2-4 years ago.  Ended up with back dated deferments, unemployment, financial hardship, blah blah.  Been on track for the past couple years.  It appears that for us, the lates just need to age out?  Wish there was a way to clean the slate similar to the rehab programs.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What about us who never defaulted?

I am in the same situation. I have one 60 day late from 2014. I was never offered retroactive forbearance. I didn't become aware of it until recently. Unfortunately, I think we are stuck waiting for the lates to age. If what I have read on here is correct, it will fall off 10 years from the date the loan is paid off. That has me considering consolidation or payoff so that the late will come off sooner. I am still weighing my options.
Message 2 of 5
dragontears
Senior Contributor

The late payment will fall off 7ish years after it happened, the account itself will fall off after 10 years once it is closed. Therefore you can go from a loan with lates to a loan with no lates, consolidation will not make the late "come off sooner".
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I contacted my state senator who said they couldn't help with a 60 day late. 2 days later, the late quitely disappeared. Try that out. Never know.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

*bump*

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.