cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the MAX amount of Student loan we can borrow?

tag
BNA111
Valued Member

What is the MAX amount of Student loan we can borrow?

I am an undergraduate student. I have about $25, 000 in student loans. I graduate this December, but will have two do an additional two years of Post-Bacc program to apply to a professional school. 

Does anyone know what the max amount of Student loans we can borrow as a student??? IDK if I can pay back all $25, 000 of deferred student loans before I apply to a professional school. I am working part time to pay back as much as I can starting this Fall.

I just need any advice because  I don't want my credit score and student loans negatively impacting me from getting into a professional school. Not sure if professional schools need you to pay off all your debt before getting considered for a larger loan? 

My tuition for professional school alone is $40,000 ish a year x4 yrs.  + residency. 

If anyone has had this experience, please help.

Thanks in advance!

Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
empiror22
Regular Contributor

Re: What is the MAX amount of Student loan we can borrow?

fed loans for undergrad range from 31k (depend student) to 57,500 (indep student) for grad/professional school its upto 138,500 (including the undergrad, so about 81-107k ), I know that a lot of professional school, ie medical/law also can recieve private loans. 

Loan info was on studentaid.ed.gov (one of the offical federal gov websites)

Message 2 of 3
empiror22
Regular Contributor

Re: What is the MAX amount of Student loan we can borrow?

a side note, i'm not sure how this plays into pre-professional schools.  I would ask your student aid department at this in between school/ and at the professional school.  from my experience (only a student with multiple undergrad and currently a grad student) they don't pay for second bacc degrees, which the pre professional degree may be looked at as a "second" bacc degree.

so again check with your student aid department at all future schools.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.