cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does this "Good Account" Get Removed?

tag
XxRaVeNxX1
Contributor

When does this "Good Account" Get Removed?

CR.jpg

It is a student loan and majority of my credit monitoring services lists it as a 'good account' and states it will be on my report for 10 years.
I have three of these that are identical in payment history.

Attempting the goodwill route...again.

Even though it will affect my AOAA, having three of these...hurts my credit report by about 100 points. (This is based on how high my credit score jumped during a recent dispute.)

I don't believe Nelnet is federal.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: When does this "Good Account" Get Removed?

Since the account has a positive status, it will stay on for about 10 years.  The individual late items are only allowed to report for 7 to 7.5 years, so those late marks will come off sooner than the entire account (probably, good accounts can disappear sooner sometimes).

Nelnet does service federal loans, but they may have private loans as well, so you might want to call them to confirm if you think the type of loan makes any difference.

Message 2 of 3
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Re: When does this "Good Account" Get Removed?

Good accounts are reported for 10 years from the date of closure. Your problem with the account is however that when you refinanced you forgot to keep paying until the account was closed. This gave you a 90 late and two 120 lates which are probably about 100-150pt for the first account and another 30-50pt for each one after if they are identical. NelNET will not remove this reporting since it is truly accurate and law holds them to a high standard due to servicing federal loans (type of loan to you does not matter). Now the good thing though is that the lates will not effect your scores after 7 years from the date of getting reported. Be aware that a manual review will still see the lates reported up to the 10 years and you could be asked to explain yourself.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.