Valued Member
Posts: 62
Registered: ‎08-26-2008

Where can I transfewr my PRIVATE SMAE ??

Desperatly looking for a place to transfer my HUGE loans from SMAE, someone suggested Direct Loans, I didnt think this was possible, that they only help if its FEDERAL Loans. Desperate.
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 465
Registered: ‎06-13-2008

Re: Where can I transfewr my PRIVATE SMAE ??

You can only consolidate federal loans with the Direct Loan program and I am assuming yours are private.


So many of the private lenders have left the private student loan lending industry, so consolidating your loan with another company can be difficult.  To achieve any benefit in consolidating your private loans,  your credit basically has to be better than  what it was when you borrowed to get any better interest rate. Also most lenders charge origination fees which can negate any  interest savings.

Ex-Financial Aid Officer

Ex-Student Loan Collector

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+