Established Member
clkhome01

Where is my student loan information?

Working on building up my scores, but I never see my student loan information on my credit report.   Do anyone know why?

Want to take it Higher!
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Where is my student loan information?

Who is the lender? Is the loan still active? Do you know if that lender reports?

Established Member
clkhome01

Federal Government loan, and not active.

Want to take it Higher!
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

When was it paid off?

Established Member
clkhome01

It's not...defaulted, but not showing on credit report.   Is there another agency, where it could be posted?    How long can it be on your credit report?

Want to take it Higher!
Regular Contributor
loviedovie

clkhome01 wrote:

It's not...defaulted, but not showing on credit report.   Is there another agency, where it could be posted?    How long can it be on your credit report?

You can find a list of all of your loans and who is holding them at: www.nslds.ed.gov.

Although that is for federal and privately held federal loans. If you have taken out private loans and the private lender isn't remporting, that seems to be a fluke that is just working out in your favor right now. Although the gov't will let you rehab your loan and bring it out of default, erasing the baddies from your credit report. Private lenders will not. 

Starting Score: EXP 615 | TU 610 | EQ 635
Current Score: EXP 719 (lender pull 10/15) | TU 707 | EQ 700 (lender pull 10/25)
Goal Score: 740

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+