cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to send GW letter for Perkins Loan: Campus Partners or School?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where to send GW letter for Perkins Loan: Campus Partners or School?

I have one 30-day late TL on my report from 3/2008.  It was technically 1 loan but split into 2 accounts because I think I reached a cap on one account.  (I don't exactly remember why this happened).  So the one lateness ends up showing as delinquencies on 2 accounts.

All my financial aid correspondence was going to my parents' house while I was in school.  After I graduated, I changed my address on my Sallie Mae loans, but forgot to change it for the Perkins Loan.  I think I just assumed everything was going under Sallie Mae.  All my letters reminding me that my grace period was coming up and my first statement went to my parents' house.  And they didn't open it because it was addressed to me.  By the time they brought me the letters, I was already 1 month late.  I made the payment immediately and I paid off the entire loan by 8/2008 without anymore late charges (and without any special plans from the company).

I'd really love to have this TL removed, but I'm not sure who to send the letters to.  The statements say to make checks payable to the school, but I paid online through www.mycampusloan.com, which looks like Campus Partner's site.  Should I just send a letter to both?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

Re: Where to send GW letter for Perkins Loan: Campus Partners or School?

Call your school.  This is a question best answered by the financial aid/student accounts office of your school as these loans are made with government funds through your school's financial aid office.  With Perkins Loans, the school acts as the lender.

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.