Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who reports as Usd/Glelsi???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who reports as Usd/Glelsi???

People don't seem keen on commenting on my novel below, so does anyone have a student loan trade line that appears as "Usd/Glelsi"???

I'm trying to figure out who this is, as I have no mail coming in from any of the companies servicing my student loans that has the same amount listed as "Usd/Glelsi" on my credit reports.  ACS says I owe them $4,500.  This "Usd/Glelsi" tradeline says $6,500????

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Who reports as Usd/Glelsi???

@Anonymous wrote:

People don't seem keen on commenting on my novel below, so does anyone have a student loan trade line that appears as "Usd/Glelsi"???

I'm trying to figure out who this is, as I have no mail coming in from any of the companies servicing my student loans that has the same amount listed as "Usd/Glelsi" on my credit reports.  ACS says I owe them $4,500.  This "Usd/Glelsi" tradeline says $6,500????

was it an unsubsidized loan?  the difference might be accumulated interest, even though that seems like a lot of interest.  call them & ask them for full documentation of your loan paperwork.  that should help you make more sense of it.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went to the NSLDS.gov to get the full run down on my student loans.

It answered alot of questions for me, so here's the situation:

I do, in fact, owe ACS $4,500.  The only problem is they aren't reporting to Equifax, evidently.  However, they ARE sending me mail regarding repayment beginning in a few months.  The $6,500 to "Usd/GLELSI" which is Great Lakes Educational Loan Services is a real account of mine too.  However, they're reporting to equifax, but I'm haven't received any mail from them regarding repayment.  Haha.

At least the mess is getting a little less cluttered.

Message 3 of 15
laz98
Senior Contributor

i'm glad to hear it!  i didn't think of suggesting that website to you.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries.. Any thoughts on the one company reporting to CBAs, but not sending me mail?  And the company sending me mail not reporting to the CBAs? lol

Message 5 of 15
laz98
Senior Contributor

ACS is the one not reporting, right?  Technically, they don't have to report.  You can try going to their website & see if you can login: 

ACS Borrower Login: https://www.acs-education.com/CS/Jsp/general/home.jsp

Since you said they represent Direct Loans, you can try their website too:  https://www.dl.ed.gov/borrower/BorrowerLogin.jsp

If you can get into these websites, it would really help you to understand who you owe what to.  It's a pain when they sell your loans off.  Right now I have some loans on my reports that were supposedly sold to Direct Loans, but when I go to the DL website, it says they don't have any information on me!!!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, I registered with ACS's website.  They have everything correct as far as me owing them $4500..they just aren't reporting to anyone right now.  I guess maybe they'll only report if my payback goes sour.

The other issue is with Great Lakes.  I owe them $6500 and they ARE reporting, but I've received nothing in the mail from them yet.

I owe $8500 to Direct Loans, but everything seems to be kosher with them.  They are reporting to the CBAs as well as sending me mail with correct balance info.

Message 7 of 15
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep, I registered with ACS's website.  They have everything correct as far as me owing them $4500..they just aren't reporting to anyone right now.  I guess maybe they'll only report if my payback goes sour.

The other issue is with Great Lakes.  I owe them $6500 and they ARE reporting, but I've received nothing in the mail from them yet.

I owe $8500 to Direct Loans, but everything seems to be kosher with them.  They are reporting to the CBAs as well as sending me mail with correct balance info.

that's strange that ACS is not reporting.  ours reports correctly, even though we haven't made a payment in forever (deferment).

i would definitely call GLELSI & ask them what's up with your paperwork.  you don't have any original paperwork from them?

at least the other 2 are correct info.  i'd hate to have to try & sort out all 3!  luckily most of my loans are still with sallie mae.

Message 8 of 15
nemeanleo
New Visitor

Do any of you have loans through Great Lakes? I ran into USDOE/GLELSI on my credit too and didn't recognize it and the amount was outragous and it was telling me that I only had a year to pay it off. I was very worried and spent hours on the computer. And then I found it I went to www.nslds.ed.gov and I was able to pull up all my student loans. I selected the numbers on the left to pull up each Direct loan and saw that the servicer was Great Lakes. So that makes sense of the GL I'm not sure what the rest means but It did clear up that great lakes was the agency who I needed to contact to get my loan taken care of. If that is the case for you, here is their website. mygreatlakes.org I hope this helps you all.

Message 9 of 15
laz98
Senior Contributor

We have just one loan with GL.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.