cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Experian show my SL's as 180 delinquient after default status was removed?

tag
omskillet
Regular Contributor

Why does Experian show my SL's as 180 delinquient after default status was removed?

The full story is really long but my question is simple. I rehabilitated my students loans and the derrogatory/default status was removed from the TL's. However after the update Experian shows the loans as "180 days late" and delinquent while Transunion shows "Paid/Pays as agreed". I've disputed with Experian and it came back verified. I talked to the original servicer and they have sent me documentation saying that they are not reporting the TL's at late.

Also, after rehabilitation the loans were purchased/transferred to a new lender. Same amounts and same open date but now I have 4 TL's with 2 different companies for the same loans. There was no consolidation so these represent the same debt. Do I have a case to have the older TL's removed?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Why does Experian show my SL's as 180 delinquient after default status was removed?

@omskillet wrote:

Also, after rehabilitation the loans were purchased/transferred to a new lender. Same amounts and same open date but now I have 4 TL's with 2 different companies for the same loans. There was no consolidation so these represent the same debt. Do I have a case to have the older TL's removed?

Are the older, original TLs still showing a balance, or $0?

Assuming that you can get them to correctly reflect a positive payment history, you do not want to have those accounts removed.  They are helping your average age of accounts for the time being.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.