cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't EdFinancial consolidate all my loans?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why won't EdFinancial consolidate all my loans?

It's so frustrating that each small loan is considered its own line item.  I have asked them before to make them one and of course they say no.  Recently when my grandmother passed away I called them ONE day late about deferring my payments and ALL my loans went to late and my score dropped by like 60 points. OUCH.  I asked them in "good will" because of my grandmothers passing if they would please reconsider that information and they just kept telling me they can't remove an accurate reporting.  I'm at wits end.... HELP?  I want to 1. consolidate the loans and 2. remove the late payments.  I obviously can't refinance because I just get denied because of the late payments.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why won't EdFinancial consolidate all my loans?

You should be able to do a federal loan consolidation even with the late pay. As far as the late pay, you can try writing a goodwill letter directed to company higher ups or your congress person.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.