cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will student loans remove late if I offer to pay in full?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will student loans remove late if I offer to pay in full?

I have 3 90-day lates reporting from 2014 Granite State, who services my student loans. I only owe $3,000. now (the balance was over $20k in the beginning). It's been 3 years since the late payments and I have paid on time and more than the minimum every month. Since the balance is low and I can afford to pay this loan off in full, I wonder if they'd remove the late payments if I offer the full payoff?

I'm trying to get a better mortgage rate and these are the ONLY baddies on my report. Kills me - especially since it will be another 4+ years before they fall off.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will student loans remove late if I offer to pay in full?

To answer my own question, in case anyone else is wondering - nope.

Message 2 of 3
kats_rebuild
Contributor

Re: Will student loans remove late if I offer to pay in full?

I was in the same boat as you. My student loans are all fully paid off, but the lates were there and wouldn't budge when I tried repeatedly to goodwill them.

It was the only negaitve thing on my report when getting a mortgage. I had substantially more lates than you did. Four total tradelines and all had at least 5-6 lates up to 120 days+.

I literally can't wait until 2018 when these **bleep** lates finally fall off.

Chase CSR 22,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited 13,000 | Chase CSP 10,000| USAA Cash Back $7,000 | AA Silver Aviator Card $10,000 | AMEX Everyday $9,000 | Chase Freedom $3,000 | Capital One Cash Rewards $4,000 | Discover IT $4500 | Nordstrom Store Card $2000
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.