cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow! Goodwill Letter Student Loan Letter Really does work!!!!

tag
elsenyor
Valued Member

Re: Wow! Goodwill Letter Student Loan Letter Really does work!!!!

I would LOVE a copy of the letter and the information... I have some old stuff from Sallie Mae that I need gone... can you please inbox it to me?

Starting Score: (8/2013) 487
Current Score: (5/20/14 Pull) EQ 705 EX 702 TU 685
Goal Score: 750 across the board
What's in my wallet? NFCU 6500, NFCU 2000, Discover IT 2k, Home Depot 700, Citizens Bank 2k, Wells Fargo (Empire) 4800
Message 21 of 74
redsox31324
New Contributor

As with everyone else, I'd really appreciate if you could PM me the letter you used and contact info for Sallie Mae.  I'm about to make my last payment in the the rehab process and want to be prepared to clean up anything they missed once its out of default.  Thank you so much in advance!

Message 22 of 74
whanisko

Sorry to pester...might you send the info for the contact at ACS? 

As a general question, who in a company does one send a GW letter to typically? Will anyone at that institution do? Do you send it to the higher ups? I found an email address for one of the higher ups at ACS but am not sure that emailing them a goodwill letter is the right thing to do. 

Starting Score: EQ579/TU 567/EX549
Current Score: EQ?/TU694/EX681
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 74
MetalguitarJames
Valued Member

I'm socked that someone actually got a goodwill through ACS. They haven't been extremely defiant in my requests for goodwill. Everytime I have spoken with one of them, they get annoyed and state: "We cannot change this. It would violate the FCRA". Even though the student loan rehab program states that it will remove the lates once on time payments are made. I hate ACS with a passion.

Message 24 of 74
whanisko

I spoke with a representative at MOHELA who explained to me that I wouldn't send a goodwill letter to ACS since they've now acquired those loans. I was told that I would send a goodwill letter to MOHELA. When I asked about goodwill letters and having lates removed: "We cannot change this. It would violate the FCRA, but you can go ahead and send the letter in" 

Starting Score: EQ579/TU 567/EX549
Current Score: EQ?/TU694/EX681
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 74
xosamandaxo
Regular Contributor

My nelnet and sallie mae loans were also sent to Mohela. Both are reporting. Since Mohela now owns the loans, wouldn't a GW to the original loaners to remove the deliquent accounts work?!

Message 26 of 74
mustanger

If anyone still has the ACS contact info and GW letter, I would really appreciate it as well. Thanks

Message 27 of 74
NachoHunter

As the rest, would love the Sallie Mae number you used, and a copy of your letter or a link to somewhere that we can see some drafts for inspiration. 

Thanks!

Message 28 of 74
pr0blumz
New Contributor

Can someone send me this info as well?
Message 29 of 74
elsenyor
Valued Member

It would be great if you could pm me this info as well.  Thanks a million.

Starting Score: (8/2013) 487
Current Score: (5/20/14 Pull) EQ 705 EX 702 TU 685
Goal Score: 750 across the board
What's in my wallet? NFCU 6500, NFCU 2000, Discover IT 2k, Home Depot 700, Citizens Bank 2k, Wells Fargo (Empire) 4800
Message 30 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.