cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow! Goodwill Letter Student Loan Letter Really does work!!!!

tag
scvbd99
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wow! Goodwill Letter Student Loan Letter Really does work!!!!

I'm not trying to dash anybody's hopes, but I want to give some facts.  I keep seeing this thread bumped, and I'm telling you, ACS will not goodwill adjust any accurately reported late payments.  It's not going to happen.  

I got a PM from the person in this thread who said they had success with ACS, and they gave me email addresses for Xerox executives I had already contacted.  I'm talking about the CEO and other executive board members here.  You can look up their names online, and just make it in this format: "firstname.lastname@xerox.com" 

Knock yourself out.  They will all get referred to a paralegal.  The same exact thing has happened to a lot of people who post on here.  

If any lates are accurately reporting, ACS will not adjust them.  If they currently show "claim filed with government" on a tradeline, and you can prove to them that you completed rehab on the loan, then ACS is willing to get rid of the "claim filed" comment and show it as transferred/sold with a zero balance paid in full ...at least they were for me.   That was as far as they would go.  

Here's the response I got after 2 weeks worth of emails, and sending in a bunch of documents proving I had completed rehab:

"I have confirmed we will be updating the credit reporting agencies to reflect transferred/sold with a $0 balance. We will remove delinquencies from the claim filed date forward. However, the delinquencies reported prior to the default will remain as an accurate reflection of your payment history.

As I had previously advised, as much as we would like to accommodate your request to adjust delinquencies prior to the default, I regret that in doing so would be unfair to the rest of our customers who must make payments when they are due, or contact our office to request a deferment or forbearance prior to being reported past due. One of ACS’s commitments is to give consistent treatment and service to everyone. While it may seem easy to retract derogatory payment histories, we cannot do it for everyone and still abide by our Regulatory and Contractual commitments."

800+ for all 3 CRAs.

Student loan forgiveness/discharge FINALLY complete.
Message 31 of 74
pr0blumz
New Contributor

Well, I sent an email Sunday and was called by someone from the Advocates office yesterday. She said that they could have the credit bureaus to delete the lates. She said that she would have to investigate first and then she will let me know the conclusion.
Message 32 of 74
xxroxy1616
New Visitor

Hello,

can you please inbox me a GW sample letter?

thank you in advance!

Message 33 of 74
bdr1010
Established Member

I would really appreciate the Salle Mae information. I have been dealing with the Advocates office this past week and they are telling me they can't do anything. I have an old Sallie Mae loan that is still showing delinquent of 120 days, but it was closed and transferred years ago, but yet they won't update it to reflect that.

Message 34 of 74
liz9100
Regular Contributor

hi could you PM me the fax number and the email that you use so I can try it. I would really appreciate it thanks.
Everyone above 610...
Message 35 of 74
Mgilbert8605
Regular Contributor

Hi. Could you pm me the fax # to Sallie Mae please. Thanks!
Message 36 of 74
tiffany1gr
New Visitor

Can anyone send me contact information for ACS??? I am desprate at this point for anyone who will answer anything there, I cannot get repsonses from anyone.

Message 37 of 74
mszuki1000
Contributor

@SNL....Would you please PM me the info as well.....The fax and the letter to create my own....Thanks a bunch!

Starting Score: 412
Current Score: 488
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 74
mszuki1000
Contributor

@Isdiamond...... Would you please send me the info that you used to send to ACS...... Id really appreciate that as I have been dealing with them for a while....Thanks a bunch!!!!!!

Starting Score: 412
Current Score: 488
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 39 of 74
ethan17debttackler
Regular Contributor

@lsdiamond (or anyone that has the example of GW letter)--

Can you please also PM me GW letter? Thanks.

I'm also wondering if credit repair firms will work to take off 30, 60 &/or 90-day late baddies on student loans.....

>

Message 40 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.