Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrote CEO of CitiGroup

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wrote CEO of CitiGroup

I recently wrote a letter to the CEO of citibank with regards to removing some of the lates on my student loan. I got a message back from his secretary that they would not be removing the lates and they are reporting accurate information.

This is a loan that has already been paid off around a year ago. Is there anyway I can just delete it from my credit report since its closed? I've had 7 years of good reporting history with them but 1 30 day late 1 60 day late and 90 day late report from just a year ago when I simply forgot.

How would I go about deleting this tradeline from my report? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: Wrote CEO of CitiGroup

Closed lines aren't just removed from your report.  Positive information will remain for about 10 years, and negative information is required to be removed after 7-7.5 years.  The only way to get accurate negative information removed is through goodwill (which you have tried, but can try again) or waiting it out.

Message 2 of 4
shoo
Frequent Contributor

Definitely send another GW. Smiley Happy

$4200$1000$2650$53,000$6500$2500$12,500$7000$7000$34,700$12,100$10,000
EX - 790 | TU - 782 | EQ - ?
--- In the garden since April 2019 ---
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone have any luck with Citibank Student loans? I've tried to goodwill them again and again. I emailed the CEO wrote letters to their new york office, and I've also emailed their compliance head, and they wont remove the lates from over a year ago on a paid off loan.

Did anyone manage to wrangle a goodwill out of these people?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.