Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account changed from past due to pays as agreed

tag
workingprogress
Regular Contributor

account changed from past due to pays as agreed

Hey guys, I'm wondering if i will see a score boost from having a transferred student loan account status changed from 120+ days past due to pays account as agreed ?

I have a salliemae student loan thats been tranferred to dpt ed/slm..They report as 2 seprate tradelines..I was once badly behind on them but I have been caught up on them for all most 2 years now..The dpt ed/slm on EQ reports pays as agreed  but the closed salliemae trade line has all ways reported 120+ days past due..Well I disputed that the account was not past due no longer and they changed the status from past due to pays account as agreed..Here is the alert i got from EQ today

The following changes were reported for your SALLIE MAE account :
Account Status Changed from At least 120 days or more than for payments past due to Pays account as agreed
Comments on your account changed from Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process to Account transferred or sold , Student loan , Fixed rate , Trsf/Sold

Now I also disputed with EX but didnt get nothing changed...On EX the dpt ed/slm is reporting Current account/was delinquent 180 days or more past due date instead of reporting pays as agreed like EQ does..I disputed hoping they would changed the status to pays as agreed but they didn't change anything and said it was reporting correctly...As for the old salliemae trade line on eEX I didnt dispute it since it shows Account transferred to another office.

In closing my question is do you think i'll see any postive score change on EQ from having the account changed from past due to pays as agreed ?

And last do you think I could dispute again with EX and have thise 2 trade lines report to pays as agreed like they do on EQ or is it even worth it ?

Starting Fico scores 6/29/1013
Experian 584 / Equifax 639 / TransUnion 598
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
workingprogress
Regular Contributor

Re: account changed from past due to pays as agreed

bump

Starting Fico scores 6/29/1013
Experian 584 / Equifax 639 / TransUnion 598
Message 2 of 3
MJSeahawks
Valued Member

Re: account changed from past due to pays as agreed

I know you posted this a few months ago, but I've got a question for you. Did you dispute this on your credit report or did you have to contact your old lender?? I ask because I have the same thing going on. My Wells Fargo loans were transferred to ACS. I got 90 days late with WF but have been current with ACS for the past few years. They are listed on my credit report with ACS in good standing, but WF still has them listed as 90 days late. If you can let me know the right course to take I'd greatly appreciate it.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.