Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best practices for repaying to nelnet?

tag
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

best practices for repaying to nelnet?

i recently went into repayment and requested a payment plan to extended 25 years (down from 30). i started using my bill pay through BofA, but i noticed BofA mails a check rather than doing a wire transfer. I was thinking of doing a payments through nelnet site directly. 

does anyone have any best practices to share in repayment with nelnet? any input would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Re: best practices for repaying to nelnet?

I've been paying via their site, and have never had any problems. Very easy to navigate. I'm on an autopay that's scheduled to come out on the 20th of every month, although I usually pay it ahead of that. (Autopay's my safety net in case I forget...)
Message 2 of 5
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

@InvincibleSummer3 wrote:
I've been paying via their site, and have never had any problems. Very easy to navigate. I'm on an autopay that's scheduled to come out on the 20th of every month, although I usually pay it ahead of that. (Autopay's my safety net in case I forget...)

I do something similar to that with my auto insurance; maybe I can try that out. Were you able to schedule the date the withdrawal happens or is it based on your due date?

Message 3 of 5
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

It's based on your due date but according to the FAQs you can call and change that date.

Message 4 of 5
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

@InvincibleSummer3 wrote:

It's based on your due date but according to the FAQs you can call and change that date.

Awesome. Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.