Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cards while a student

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

cards while a student

I'm going back to school after being out of school for 14 years. Will I be able to get credit cards once I'm in school, since I won't have any income? Should I apply now, while I'm still working, before I go back in the fall?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: cards while a student

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm going back to school after being out of school for 14 years. Will I be able to get credit cards once I'm in school, since I won't have any income? Should I apply now, while I'm still working, before I go back in the fall?

Yes to both! Smiley Happy

If you get a couple of cards now, they will probably have higher CL's than those you'll get as a starving student. Just make sure that you always have enough money in the bank to pay them off. We get an awful lot of members here whose credit problems started in college with way more plastic than dollars.

If you have specific questions about student cards, you might start a separate post over on Credit Cards. Or did you already? I read one this evening, but I don't remember whose it was. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.