New Visitor
kbbaseball

defaulted student Loan on credit report

In June of 2012 i defaulted on my loan.  After a few monthly payments to another company I have since been paying the DOE through direct loans each month.  The company i defaulted with has reported to my credit report negatively as I expected.  My question would be can they report negatively about a debt that has been consolidated and is being reported as positive at the same time? Can this be disputed.  please help as i am trying to get approved for a home loan.  thank you

Established Contributor
Uppingmyscore

Re: defaulted student Loan on credit report

When did you consolidated the defaulted loan and how many payments have you made through consolidation?  I have a defaulted loan that I consolidated and it wasn't a issue with my underwriter.  You should be fine if you have made at least 12 months of payments.

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $21,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Discover $10,000, Chase Freedom $5,000, Capital One $3,750, Barclay $8,500 (AU), Jared $10,000, Pottery Barn $8,000, Sam's $8,500, Ashley's Furniture $6,000, Lowe's $7,500 (AU), Express Next $2,960, and Macy's Store Card (Joint Account) $1,500.

Last Application March 25, 2014. Score ranges 700+

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}