Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

deferrment of loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

deferrment of loans

I recently put my student loans in a deferrment...and my fico score went up 21 points....why did this happen????
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
203bravo
Established Contributor

Re: deferrment of loans

Did you have any lates posting on this account?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

no....
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

"I recently put my student loans in a deferrment...and my fico score went up 21 points....why did this happen????"

Deferring the loans likely had a favorable impact on your short-term debt-to-income ratio. 

Message Edited by COD on 06-03-2009 11:17 PM
Message 4 of 6
LindaLu
Regular Contributor

all of my daughter's student loans are on deferment .she got them last year ....they were all goverment loans but a private student loan through chase...does anyone know if since there hasnt been any payments made yet are they reporting anything on her credit report..? in her favor? I honestly don't know how this works..

thanks

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LindaLu wrote:

all of my daughter's student loans are on deferment .she got them last year ....they were all goverment loans but a private student loan through chase...does anyone know if since there hasnt been any payments made yet are they reporting anything on her credit report..? in her favor? I honestly don't know how this works..

thanks

She should pull her credit reports.  www.annualcreditreport.com
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.