Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dept edu 90 day late--Can I remove?

tag
dbslove
Contributor

Re: dept edu 90 day late--Can I remove?

Anyone have any luck? I have called emailed, faxed and sent letters without any luck..
Message 11 of 22
Davidngo
Contributor

I am in the same boat as you!  I have faxed on several occassions with no reponse.  Keep at it and don't give up!

MyFICO Pulled: (11/28/2012) EQ 635, TU 650, EX 661
Lender Pulled: (12/05/2012) EQ 635, TU 677, EX 641
Lender Pulled: (02/20/2013) EQ 667, TU 661, EX 648
MyFICO Pulled: (05/30/2013) EQ 712, TU 685, EX 686

Finally Hit the 700's as of 06/05/2013!!!
Message 12 of 22
lazerz69
Contributor

@dbslove wrote:
Anyone have any luck? I have called emailed, faxed and sent letters without any luck..

No, no luck.  I sent two letters and no response.  I was continually told it would be handled.  I was first told it would take 3-5 days to handle.  I called back and was then told it would take 10 business days to resolve.  I called back was was told it would take 30 days to resolve.

I finally requested to speak with a supervisor, and the CSR who I was speaking with became very rude and hung-up the telephone on me.

I then called the Ombudsman's Office to file a complaint.  The Ombudsman was useless.  The Ombudsman stated that my account had been sent to a supervisor for review and that they would get back to me within 2-3 days.  As of yet I have not heard from Dept of Ed/Direct Loan and it has been 3 weeks.

However, I did hear from the Ombudsman who stated that Direct Loan would NOT remove the lates even though I was never late.  Account has been in forbearance.

Thus, I have sent a letter to the Secretary of Education and a copy to the President telling them that Department of Education  is, IMO, in violation of federal law and requesting that the lates be removed.  No response as of yet.

Message 13 of 22
diztrukted
Valued Member

this is the exactly situation im in (except its 120 day late) Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: 627
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 22
riotz911
Valued Member

Anyone else have any luck with Dept of Ed? 

Or good contact information? Please pm.

Message 15 of 22
loviedovie
Regular Contributor

This is really interesting to me because from what I have always heard Dept of Ed is pretty on top of it as far as responding to people.

Does anyone know if there is a special department within Department of Ed that handles credit reporting? 

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 22
Angelprincess
New Visitor

I'm in the same situation. I have a 60 day late from 2010.  I've written letters and spoke to several supervisors at US Department of Ed.  No one is willing to remove it. I was in the process of purchasing a home and that stubborn 60 day late was a deal breaker because we were trying to get a Federal loan. I was very hurt be cause we had a home under contract and my kids were excited about our new home. No one that I spoke to at US Dept. of Ed seemed to care. We plan to try again soon. 

Message 17 of 22
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

What home loan were you trying to get that denied you for being late 2 years ago?
-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 22
jybrown1458
Contributor

Re: dept edu 90 day late--Success!

Would you mind sending me the contact info of the person you spoke with?

Message 19 of 22
gatortrades
New Contributor

Re: dept edu 90 day late--Success!

Please PM me as well? I have one loan with a 30, 60, 90 from jul-sep 2012. That loan wasn't included in my consolidation, and it should've been. It was their mistake that it wasn't included because its the same as the rest of my loans. But I should have caught it and realized the error. I'm so very tired of credit problems, and would really appreciate help with this. Thanks.

Starting Score: 8/6/08 EQ-428 TU-471 EX-440
Current Score: EQ-822 Scorewatch 3/4/19 TU-798 BOA 3/19/19 EX-793 3/6/19 Discover Creditscorecard
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.