cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i need to know what to do please help!!!!!!

tag
jeffcasd
Established Member

i need to know what to do please help!!!!!!

ok my wife has two PRIVATE student loans through aes , national collegiate trust one for 8500 and the other for 20,000.00 she defaulted on the 20,000 one in 2010.  the one for 8500 is in good standing.   my question is what to do with the 20,000.00 defaulted one she is paying DCS every month for it now but not making any progress.  heres some options i have been thinking of.  1.  try to settle the 20,000.00 with dcs for a lesser amount and just take a personal loan out from my bank to pay it which wont be a problem.  

i want these gone asap give me some ideas please.

Starting Score: 647 equifax fico 660 Transunion fico 627 experian fico lender pulled
Current Score: 648,660,627
Goal Score: 735 across the board
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jeffcasd
Established Member

Re: i need to know what to do please help!!!!!!

someone??

Starting Score: 647 equifax fico 660 Transunion fico 627 experian fico lender pulled
Message 2 of 5
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

If you can argue for a settlement offer, that's not a terrible way to go. I have a hard time recommending anyone replace one debt with another, so I'm not as fond of the personal loan idea. If you could pay it off, that's one thing....private student loans are the worst.

Message 3 of 5
jeffcasd
Established Member

bump

Message 4 of 5
laz98
Senior Contributor

Did you see about a settlement?  I also wouldn't recommend a personal loan; I'd rather just be rid of the loan.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.