Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just enrolled in Student Loan Rehab

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

just enrolled in Student Loan Rehab

its because of this site that i decided to enroll in SL rehab in order to fix my credit and pay off my SL.  The amount of my SL is 4,000 with 3 differant accounts.  They were reporting to Naviant with a very messy payment history.  Some payments were on time mixed with lots of 30/60/90/120 and eventually charged off.  American Student Asststance now has the loans reporting negatively to all 3 CB.  My plan is to sell my house and buy another but my credit since buying it 8 years ago is garbage.  I was sitting at 640-680 average and now im at 508.  Iv paid off some medical bills and other bills with PFD and EQ has gone up to 566 while TU and EX havnt been updated yet with the PFD and PIF.  Annnnnnyways; SL rehab; yeah just enrolled today for 50.00 p/m.  Very doable for me.  I am looking forard to see what my FICO does after the 9mo are up and hopfully the ASA accounts go away and hopefully the orignial Naviant accounts get wiped clean and start with a fresh CL with them rather than adding to the already aweful payment history i have established with them.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Re: just enrolled in Student Loan Rehab

Congrats on getting set up in the Student Loan Rehab program.  I think you will find that 9 months goes by faster than you think it does.  Many have had a lot of success with it, and I am glad they offer such a program to help folks get back on track.  You should look into having the payments drawn automatically.  (1) You then won't have to worry about processing a payment, and (2) usually there is a 0.25% reduction in the interest rate.  I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but over the life of a student loan, it really can add up.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: just enrolled in Student Loan Rehab

Congrats on the rehab and good luck!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.