Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

late payments in the past

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

late payments in the past

In March 2003 I began the process of consolidating all of my student loans (1989 to 2002).  I had 12 with wells fargo.  I was told I did not have to pay that month by us dept of ed/direct loas and that it would be paid in the consolidation.  Wells Fargo reported them late for March 2003.  The Consolidation went through in July 2003. In September 2003, 4 other loans from educaid/wachovia surfaced (I had moved several times since taking them out) and were 120 days past due (apparently came due in June 2003).  I immediately rolled them into the consolidation/reconsolidated.  On my credit report they are all flagged as late payments (wells and educaid) and all (wells and educaid) listed as paid/transferred.  The second consolidation is listed as opening in November 2004 but it was actually November 2003.   Do I have any recourse?  Or do I just have to wait fom them to fall off in 2010?  It's a total of 16 late payments on my credit report with all 3 of the credit bureaus.  It's killing my fico score.  I have disputed this but wells fargo will not help.  no word from educaid.  Any Advice?????

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
dianas
Established Member

Re: late payments in the past

I'm in a similar situation. I had some old loans with Direct Loans. I was back in school and my new loans were with CitiBank. When I finished school, I applied to have all my loans consolidated. I was notified by Direct Loans in March that my consolidation was approved. I didn't read far enough to see that they were holding off the consolidation until July, when the interest rate would be probably be dropping. I started paying my Direct Loans bill as scheduled, thinking all my loans were included. I got a delinquency notice from Citibank and when I looked into it, found I still had active loans with them. By the time I figured out what was going on, I was 60 days late. Since I had four loans with Citibank, this shows as four accounts 60 days late and I'm sure it is killing my scores. I sent a letter explaining this to Citibank, but never got a reply. I don't know if it is worth pursuing this further. They've gotten their money, the accounts are closed, so they gain nothing by removing this from my credit reports other than good will. Any ideas?
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.