cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my cousin's loans are listed in my report... how to dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

my cousin's loans are listed in my report... how to dispute?

that's basically my issue.  i got my credit reports today from transunion, experian, and equifax, and somehow experian thinks that my cousin is one of my "alternate" names.  her social security number is listed in my report, her address as well, and student loans that she has missed payments on (for over 180 days) are negatively affecting my credit.

what will the process be for me to dispute her loans and getting her name and info off of my account? do i just call experian and tell them the issue, or will it be much more complicated than that?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: my cousin's loans are listed in my report... how to dispute?

Hopefully you cousin did not use you as a co-signer with out your knowledge. It is going to be much more than a simple call to correct this problem.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see how she could have since she's 2 years older than me and I had no credit at the time that she was taking out those school loans.  It's odd that this happened.

I see a hassle coming.

Message 3 of 4
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Go to each of the credit bureau's websites and dispute the information to let them know it is not your loan.  It usually takes about 30days to get it cleared up.  Good luck and let us know the outcome.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.