rickysosa

my credit score dropped 50 points

Sat., I received a text from my phone stating that my credit score dropped(scorewatch). I'm thinking to myself okay it might have dropped a point or two., But I logged in on myfico.com and saw my credit score dropped 50 points. I almost **bleep**tted on myself. WTF!!!!!! Today I called myfico customer service., They said that their have been crazy calls about sallie mae and Bank of America Credit Cards and that its a error and they are working on it. But can't give a definite time when it will be fix. Can anyone give me some advice on how I can fix this problem?
Established Member
pil

Re: my credit score dropped 50 points

See this thread if you haven't already:

Just curious though, haven't heard anything about Bank of America problems. Do you have any BoA accounts affected by something else?
rickysosa

not that I know of.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

rickysosa wrote:
Sat., I received a text from my phone stating that my credit score dropped(scorewatch). I'm thinking to myself okay it might have dropped a point or two., But I logged in on myfico.com and saw my credit score dropped 50 points. I almost **bleep**tted on myself. WTF!!!!!! Today I called myfico customer service., They said that their have been crazy calls about sallie mae and Bank of America Credit Cards and that its a error and they are working on it. But can't give a definite time when it will be fix. Can anyone give me some advice on how I can fix this problem?

It's a Sallie Mae problem, and there's really nothing that FICO can do until Sallie Mae fixes its coding.

Weird about the BofA comment, though. Sounds like a harassed CSR starting to babble! Anyway, check the other link. People are sort of working out a plan on how to deal with this, and SM is supposed to fix it by the end of the week.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+