Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my credit score dropped 50 points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

my credit score dropped 50 points

Sat., I received a text from my phone stating that my credit score dropped(scorewatch). I'm thinking to myself okay it might have dropped a point or two., But I logged in on myfico.com and saw my credit score dropped 50 points. I almost **bleep**tted on myself. WTF!!!!!! Today I called myfico customer service., They said that their have been crazy calls about sallie mae and Bank of America Credit Cards and that its a error and they are working on it. But can't give a definite time when it will be fix. Can anyone give me some advice on how I can fix this problem?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: my credit score dropped 50 points

See this thread if you haven't already:

Just curious though, haven't heard anything about Bank of America problems. Do you have any BoA accounts affected by something else?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

not that I know of.
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Sat., I received a text from my phone stating that my credit score dropped(scorewatch). I'm thinking to myself okay it might have dropped a point or two., But I logged in on myfico.com and saw my credit score dropped 50 points. I almost **bleep**tted on myself. WTF!!!!!! Today I called myfico customer service., They said that their have been crazy calls about sallie mae and Bank of America Credit Cards and that its a error and they are working on it. But can't give a definite time when it will be fix. Can anyone give me some advice on how I can fix this problem?

It's a Sallie Mae problem, and there's really nothing that FICO can do until Sallie Mae fixes its coding.

Weird about the BofA comment, though. Sounds like a harassed CSR starting to babble! Anyway, check the other link. People are sort of working out a plan on how to deal with this, and SM is supposed to fix it by the end of the week.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.