Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need advice about what can be done about these accounts

tag
Desneige
New Contributor

need advice about what can be done about these accounts

I had student loan accounts that were not paid as required in 2005-2006.  There are 2 different entries regarding them, plus the current consolidation loan from Federal Direct reporting.  Sallie mae is reporting paid after charge off-along with 1-90 day late, and 7-120day lates from 10/2005 to 5/2006.  My loan was then sent to the guaranteeor.  They are not reporting any lates just "payment after charge off."  I consolidated the whole mess in 11/2006, having no idea at the time that there were any other options.  I have been diligent about making all payments since the consolidation.  Wish that I'd know about rehabbing the loan back then.  My question, is there anything that I can do with these accounts?  I've sent several DVs without any luck.  Basically both agencies are reporting the same debt, double whammying my credit score.  I've been hanging between 620-650 for the past year and cann't seem to bring my scores consistently above 650.  If there is a way to address these issues, I'd appreciate some guidance.  Thank you.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Desneige
New Contributor

Re: need advice about what can be done about these accounts

bump

Message 2 of 4
LynnInMN
Frequent Contributor

As with any default, you are hit by two negative tradelines.  If they are reporting correctly, legally they must remain. 
Ex-Financial Aid Officer

Ex-Student Loan Collector
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a similar issue with my states Higher Education Coordinating Board and they seemed very willing to help. They put everything in pay mode, took off the delinquent, and combined all the charges. Reporting is fine now on my CR.

I just phoned, told the girl I did not know anything about the default - actually I was not in default, was still in school but they had an error. She just made all the corrections in a matter of a couple of days.

My guess is make a call and see if someone at one of the locations can point you in the right direction.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.