Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help with Equifax reporting

tag
Desneige
New Contributor

need help with Equifax reporting

Can someone please tell me what to do next?  Several months ago I requested DV for a student loan for both the original loan and the guarantee company with the state that is also reporting.  Account was PIF in 7/2006.  At the time, the loan was 120 days past due and I refinanced with Department of Education.  I have been diligent about paying all my student loans each month since that time.  In May or so, I received a score watch of a 50pt drop in my score and a recent collection of 5/2010.  Turns out the guarantee company started reporting this account as a collection through 2010.  I DV this and my fico comes up with a code of "G" (collection) through 5/2010.  How do I get this fixed?  Getting more frustrated with this account by the hour and wish I'd never DV in the first place.  Called guarantee company.  They said that they could send me a PIF letter (from 2006).  Will this solve my problem?  The biggest problem is that I have no recent collection acivity and no late payments for almost 5 years.  Beginning to feel that I'll never recover from the stupidity of my younger years.  Please help.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Desneige
New Contributor

Re: need help with Equifax reporting

anyone?

Message 2 of 5
laz98
Senior Contributor

are you asking if showing the CRAs that you PIF will get the accounts off your reports?  the answer is no, unfortunately.

also wanted to add:  i don't know why you would have a brand new collection from this year, if you paid it off in 2006....are you sure there was no balance left over from some mystery fee they might have charged you?

Message 3 of 5
Desneige
New Contributor

Positive that I owe them no money.....have PIF letter for this account.  Account continues to report $0 balance and previous last activity on this accout was in 2006.  So, I need to just live with this until early until 2013 when it becomes 7 years and drops off?  Previously nothing had been reported since 2006, wish that I had not tried to DV.  Thanks for your reply......I'm not going to just let this sit though-it's way to unfair that these bullies can report as they wish.  They also will tell me that it's PIF when I call about this account.

Message 4 of 5
laz98
Senior Contributor

i would call whoever you PIF'd to, & ask them why the heck they sent you to collections AFTER you PIF!!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.