Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

private loan consolidation ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

private loan consolidation ?

my daughter has a ridiculous amount of undergrad private loans (i know, i know...). she tried to consolidate with citibank and wells (with us as cosigners) and was denied. she thought they were the only ones making consolidations. i then found others online - studentloanconsolidation.com i think - liberty bank. she applied and was accepted (again with us as cosigners) - 10% interest rate. seems like a ridiculous interest rate to me. she says her med school loan (which we don't have to cosign, thank god) is 8.5% so 10% doesn't seem that bad. (i know, we've entered a parallel universe.) question - i'd like to try another lender - but am confused about doing all this online. we filled out all these things for the liberty loan - only online. does that mean it's a done deal? surely we have to actually SIGN something?? can i just go ahead and apply to someone else to see what rate they'll give us?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: private loan consolidation ?

IMHO- you must be doing something right
Getting private loans consolidated is tough.

10% on private loans is not that bad.

Did she not qualify for any federal loans?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: private loan consolidation ?

They will send paperwork to sign unless there was an online signiture option you had to consent too.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.