i had over $20k in student loans, does anyone know if i can pay

the last $1000 on my credit card? looking to out this all behind me

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: quick question

If the creditor/lender accepts the CC for payment yes.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 6
creditchild
Regular Contributor

Thanks Jm

Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@JM-AM wrote:

If the creditor/lender accepts the CC for payment yes.

I agree. Some lenders won't accept a CC payment. I would call and see if this lender will.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 6
Tazman81
Established Contributor

Also be very careful with making "loan" payments with your credit cards.  A lot of credit card companies see these types of transactions as a cash advance so you could be hit with a cash advance fee along with a higher interest rate on that transaction.

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a reason cc companies are nervous about charging student loan payments (especially large balances such a $5k, $10k, etc).  In bk, your cannot discharge (get rid of) your student loans.  However, if someone pays a $12k student loan off with a cc, they can then file for bk and now it's the cc company who gets stuck because a MC or Visa balance is not a student loan balance..

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.