cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Pays As Agreed" After completing Rehab Prog !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
Wanka77
New Contributor

"Pays As Agreed" After completing Rehab Prog !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning members!

This is an update to my dilemma from a few weeks ago in regards to my 5 defaulted student loans w/ EdFincial.  As I have mentioned before, I completed the Rehab program and then received a letter form the DOE congratulating me for having completed the Rehab program and in the letter stated that all my derogatory TL will be removed.  I immediately faxed the letter to EdFincl (about 1wk ago) and today I received an update from Equifax stating a change has occurred w/ an open account.  I quickly opened my Equifax account and sure enough, all of my 5 defaulted loans were changed from Collections,C/O,Sent to DOE to "Pays as Agreed" having all of the bad TL removed.  I would encourage all of you who are going thru the same dilemma to complete your Rehab prog and once your loans get pickup again by investors then you'll be able to have those bad TL removed.  There is HOPE after all.    Also please read the following thread, It has helped me a lot.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Student-Loans/Student-Loan-Rehabilitation-Expected-credit-score-incr...

Starting Score:EX-639, TU-632 641-EQ(MyFico)
Current Score:EX-737(PLUS), TU-784(MyFico)750 (Walmrt) 719-EQ(Myfico),
Goal Score: 750-Across

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: "Pays As Agreed" After completing Rehab Prog !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on completing the rehab process!  just keep the loans current, and your scores should rise to a good level, which will help you when applying for CCs or othr loans.

Message 2 of 6
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Congrats I know it feels great to shed those old baddies.
Message 3 of 6
Wanka77
New Contributor

Thank You guys !!!  It definitely feels good to be able to see light at the end of the tunnel.  I'm still awaiting for TU and EX to update and see by how many points my score will increase.   Once again, I want to thank everyone in this forum that pitched in their thoughts and experience.

Message 4 of 6
Wanka77
New Contributor

UPDATE !!!!!

Last night I received a credit alert message in regards to MyFico score changing. I quickly logged-in and noticed my score has increased a whooping 60 points when my 5 SL "Accnt Status" had updated from "derogatory" to "Pays as Agreed" However, The 60/90/120+ still remain on my credit.  Next step is to write a GW letter to EdFinancial.

Message 5 of 6
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Congrats
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.