cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rehab complete ... whats the smartest way now...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

rehab complete ... whats the smartest way now...

I just went through the rehab program and are not sure what I should do to boost my credit score a little... I started off with a dept of almost $3.000 and got it down to $850 during the rehab process... So now i am wondering if I should just pay the left over balance, or just finance it over a couple months.... What would help my credit score more? Have it all paid or another account with a positive payment history and a lower balance? Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
britishbooklady
Regular Contributor

Re: rehab complete ... whats the smartest way now...

@Anonymous wrote:

I just went through the rehab program and are not sure what I should do to boost my credit score a little... I started off with a dept of almost $3.000 and got it down to $850 during the rehab process... So now i am wondering if I should just pay the left over balance, or just finance it over a couple months.... What would help my credit score more? Have it all paid or another account with a positive payment history and a lower balance? Thank you

I'm not sure if you ever got an answer to your question...but, FWIW, I thought I'd reply as I went through the rehab process myself. In accordance with the Higher Education Act, your loan must be picked up by another lender in order for you to reap all of the benefits the Rehabilitation Program has to offer...which means all negative information regarding the SL must be deleted and the TLs updated to show an account in good standing.

Are you still making regular monthly payments? And, have you talked to anyone, or received a letter stating that your loan had been fully "rehabilitated?"

Starting Score: EX: 661, EQ: 662, TU: 694 [Lender Pull 12/30/2010]
Current Score: EX: 665, EQ: 680, TU: 710
Goal Score: EX: 750+, EQ: 750+, TU: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge for 2011
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.