Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rehab consolidated loans?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

rehab consolidated loans?

I consolidated all of my student loans that were in default a few years ago so that I could go back to school. My current loans are now in good standing (about to start IBR) but the TL's from the original loans all show tons of 30/60/90/180 lates. is there anthing at all that can be done about this? thank you for any thoughts, suggestions, sharing of personal experience!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SCF
Valued Contributor

Re: rehab consolidated loans?

Unfortunately, the downside of using consolidation to bring loans out of default is that it does not have the same credit improvements as doing a rehabilitation.  At this point, if the lates are accurate, your best option is to write goodwill letters to the lenders reporting the lates.  You may have some success in convicing them to remove some of all of the negative marks, but nothing is gaurenteed.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: rehab consolidated loans?

ahhh, okay-got it. i was afraid that might be the answer, the good news is that i was able to go back to school becuause i was able to consolidate and am thus in a much better financial position. let the GW-ing commence!! Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.