Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rehab or??? please help

tag
homebound14
New Contributor

rehab or??? please help

I have a total of 9 student loans, 8 are with salle mae while 1 is with state of texas. the one that I have with the state is in default of around 1k, over about a year once i realize i was behind on the loan it was too late to even get a forberance or deferment on the account.

my question is, what is student rehab program? and how you I go about using this to get caught up and increase my score.

any advice is welcome Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
martinsoka17
Contributor

Re: rehab or??? please help

@homebound14 wrote:

I have a total of 9 student loans, 8 are with salle mae while 1 is with state of texas. the one that I have with the state is in default of around 1k, over about a year once i realize i was behind on the loan it was too late to even get a forberance or deferment on the account.

my question is, what is student rehab program? and how you I go about using this to get caught up and increase my score.

any advice is welcome Smiley Happy

Hello!

As someone who just finished SL rehab, I'm always excited to tell people about it who need it.

The rehab program is for federal student loans, so are yours federal? I know you said 8 with Sallie Mae and 1 with the state of Texas.

IF they are federal, you can call and set up the rehab program, which consists of 9 payments made regularly over 9 months. After that 9th payment, your loans are eligable to be picked up by a servicer, who you will then pay monthly until they are paid off. The derogatory marks on your CR will come off...there is some variance on this as to which remarks come off, but for sure the "default" status does. Some CA's take off the lates, some don't.

https://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans/default/get-out  <----this will answer some of your questions.

As for defaulted private loans, that's defintely not my forte, but someone around here would be able to answer that for you!

Starting Score: 523

Current Scores: EQ: 705 TU: 757 EX: 764

Goal Scores: 800 across the board

in the garden until 2019!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.