retroactive forebearance/ getting 60day late removal?

Anyone have sucess getting aes/fedloan servicing remove a late payment. We got a retroactive forebearance and was told it would wipe out a 60day late, we're now trying to get a mortgage and the 60day late was reported last month! Someone else suggested on another thread that I try a gw letter. anyone have any sucess getting late removed after a forebearance.

Established Contributor

Re: retroactive forebearance/ getting 60day late removal?

You might want to try to call them up again to just ask that it be removed.  Its possible that may get a quicker turn around.  From what I've seen, it's been almost a 50/50 shot.  Many companies would argue that the late is valid because at that time you were not on a forbearance and a payment was due, whereas it seems that other people have had success in having the late removed with a backdated forbearance.  I am not sure though specifically which companies went which route.  I would say to go ahead and try the goodwill letter, and hopefully they can have that taken care of for you.

Starting Score: Eq: 662 Tu: 532 (03/02/2011) CH7BK 01/12/2009 Discharge
Current Score: Eq: 692 (04/03/2013) Tu: 717 (04/03/2013)
Goal Score: Eq: 720 Tu: 740

Wallet: Chartway Visa 10k | AMEX Costco TE (AU) 25k | Cap One MC 750 | Cap One Visa 750

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.