cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

retroactive forebearance/ getting 60day late removal?

retroactive forebearance/ getting 60day late removal?

Anyone have sucess getting aes/fedloan servicing remove a late payment. We got a retroactive forebearance and was told it would wipe out a 60day late, we're now trying to get a mortgage and the 60day late was reported last month! Someone else suggested on another thread that I try a gw letter. anyone have any sucess getting late removed after a forebearance.

1 REPLY
Established Contributor

Re: retroactive forebearance/ getting 60day late removal?

You might want to try to call them up again to just ask that it be removed.  Its possible that may get a quicker turn around.  From what I've seen, it's been almost a 50/50 shot.  Many companies would argue that the late is valid because at that time you were not on a forbearance and a payment was due, whereas it seems that other people have had success in having the late removed with a backdated forbearance.  I am not sure though specifically which companies went which route.  I would say to go ahead and try the goodwill letter, and hopefully they can have that taken care of for you.

Starting Score: Eq: 662 Tu: 532 (03/02/2011) CH7BK 01/12/2009 Discharge
Current Score: Eq: 712 (02/03/2017) Tu: 717 (04/03/2013)
Goal Score: Eq: 760 Tu: 760

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 25k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | LFCU Visa 10k