cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sallie mae ruining reports w/wrong 120 day lates- how to fix?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie MAE ruining reports w/wrong 120 day latest- how to fix?

WOW - Good luck with that, collections is a completely different issue. It is tough but keep at it. You should write each one certified letter requesting a complete account history. Date and Amount  of each payment made to each company. When it was sent to collections, When it was sold to the 3rd company, and for how much, make each and every one of them prove what you owe, and find out who owns the account now. Even if you know, get it in writing. Confirm that it is all the same account and hold on to the documentation. You will need it.

As you may know they have to by law responded with in 30 days. If they don't you can get it removed from the credit report.

Hold them accountable to COMPLETE DOCUMENTATION. Especially the 3rd company. Make them prove that they bought the account and for how much the paid for it..

@Anonymous wrote:

I spent years preparing to go to college when all of my kids were in school. I finally made it at age 39, I loved it, I got sick the first day of my second semester, I had to take off until I went through treatments. I contacted The school and than Sallies Mae. I sent in all of my Doctor reports and thought everything was fine, I was contacted by sallie Mae, and I was told to fill out the forbearance forms to keep my loan from going into default as I was being treated for my illness. I did, I pulled up my CR and on it was four accounts in collections. Three of them were my student loan. All three saying that I had went into default in the same month and year, The year that I was in school. It has been the hardest thing to deal with. I was desperate;y trying to restore my credit from Identity theft. I believe they sensed that. I begged and pleaded to fix the mistake. I thought for sure I would be able to fix this. I have proved over and over again, It is impossible to be in default with the same loan, with three company's for the same amount and the same year. When I did not even know , or ever had any contact at all with two of the company's.  I was going crazy with frustrations, the CRA angency's wouldn't remove it, the Company's just milked me ,  I received a call on a Sunday , and went to a quick collect to send 100.00 to "Pioneer Credit" If not they were going to change from collections to a charge off. I was sitting with my brother as he was dying within days. And my phone would not stop ringing. After he died I contacted Sallie Mae Co. They would not talk to me because the account had been given to USA, USA wouldn't talk to me because they sold my account to Pioneer Credit. Pioneer Credit drove me crazy, everyday. I could call and get through anytime I called, Until I started calling the CRA and the other Company's trying to find out where all of the  money I had been paying them was. After the Sunday 100.00 payment. I was never able to speak to them again, I was laughed at everytime I called, I then had to deal with USA. I thought they were the my only hope. They said they would "allow me to pay them for 9 months" if I did not miss any payments for nine months they would have put my account back in good standing. I had been on the phone so much that suddenly. Pioneer credit was nowhere to be found on my report, or phone. Now I had to start over again, plus interest. The loan was 2625.00 , Now I have paid Sallie Mae. Three payments of $50,, while in forbearance, Pioneer Credit $350.00, that is $500.00. Now USA is going to allow me to make payments for nine months, Though the will not report to the CRA that I am making any payments at all until after the nine months over, Nine months is a long time, when you are monitoring your credit, and being screwed. This is my only options. They explained this to me like this. By paying us for nine months , you are proving to us that you will make your payments. Than Sallie Mae will take you back as their account because you have gained back their trust, after defaulting on the all, That angered me repeatedly, because I knew I had never missed a payment. I signed the forms to have the money taken from my account monthly, they ask for $50.00 and I said make it $100.00. Wanted ride of this loan, that now was $3100.00 , USA was getting $500.00 for allowing me to practice making a payment for nine months, Okay, now, I have made 9 $100.00 making a total of  $1450.00, My loan was 2625.00. I am so excited that I am going to get this collection off now, and almost have them paid off. I received a letter from USA that Sallie Mae would be contacting me so they can take over my payments, and my account balance is 2875.00. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I called crying and screaming what is happening, This women just laughed at me. I ask her how she sleeps at night, She said" I SLEEP JUST FINE YOUR . YOUR SENDING MY DAUGHTER TO COLLEGE. I have been paying sallie Mae now I owe 640.00 and they are still showing that I was in collection and am now current. I give up. They are the rudest people I have ever delete with. I have print tour of my reports showing all three company's, and receipt, it doesn't matter they do , what they want,

Message 11 of 13
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Sallie MAE ruining reports w/wrong 120 day identifies- how to fix?

@Anonymous wrote:

@laz98 wrote:

@mystro9876 wrote:

Get anywhere with this??

i also feel this is VERY misleading.  How can they report 5 different loans when you have one account? That's what they are doing with me.  They bill be one amount due, only one balance, only one accrued interest amount.  i had to go through six links within my online account to see each loan!

for my Direct loans, they only report one account, even though I have multiple loans under said account.

they do this for everyone, mine included.  they do it because it's easier for you to make the one payment, instead of making 5 or 6 or whatever.

It does not make it easier for me, it makes it convenient for them.If I write one check or 5 checks it doesn't matter to me. Besides I actual make my payments on line.

And I will say it again.

I only have one account number that Sallie MAE identifies me with. And under that one account there are five loans. It is like a credit card If i make 5 different transactions, each transaction has a transaction number. BUT I only have one account with the credit card company. This is the same thing. Only Sallie Mae wants its cake and eat too. It is a dual standard, and dual reporting.

If you send in more than the minimum payment they spread the extra amount over the total balance due, not just one loan. They treat as one account, it must be reported as one account.

i'm not stupid, i understand what you're saying.  like i said, mine report the same way.  probably so do everyone else's.  sorry you are so unhappy with it.

Message 12 of 13
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Re: Sallie MAE ruining reports w/wrong 120 day identifies- how to fix?

Of course you only have one account number, you are one customer. You still have multiple loan products with them that will be reported seperately. Do you think that if you took out 5 loans with a bank, they would consolidate them into 1 loan? Of course not.

Each loan is a credit extension in itself.  They happened independant of each other. Although the same servicer (Sallie Mae) owns them, they are still independant. And yes, when you go onto Sallie Mae's website and look under loan information, you can see each loan individually if you so choose. You can also choose to submit a payment for a single loan (that is not spread out among all of them). The only way this would change is if you consolidated all your loans into a single loan.

This is a general purpose response for anyone questioning the legitamacy of multiple tradelines for multiple student loans. Just because 1 person services them all does not make them 1 loan.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.