cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

student loan deferment and mortgage

tag
Katfzl

student loan deferment and mortgage

Anyone know if they only report the "end date" of the deferment, or do they also report the payment date? The repayment wouldn't start until 20 to 30 days until after the deferment ends, but the lady I talked to today at fed loans said she thought they only reported the end date. I need a repayment date so that it shows it is out of the 12 month after closing period. This is not an in school deferment.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Katfzl

Re: student loan deferment and mortgage

I've been told that I can request a "special loan verification letter" that will list the proper repayment date. For a deferment date starting after the 1st of a month, the repayment date isn't til the 1st of the next month. (example a May 5th deferment date would end May 4th of the next year, but repayment isn't actually until June 1).

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever get this resolved? Thank you!

Message 3 of 4
SCF
Valued Contributor

This is a very old thread (over 12 months) and the original poster likely isn't around anymore.  Generally, it's easier to keep the forums organized if we let these older posts naturally sift to the bottom of the pile.  Why don't you start a new thread with the details of your situation, then we can have a new, updated discussion on this topic.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.