Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

student loans reporting twice..

tag
O-day
New Contributor

student loans reporting twice..

hello myfico! I checked my experian report today and i noticed that 2 of my student loans from sallie mae are reporting twice, the first 2 are listed as sallie mae and the other 2 are listed as "us dept of ed/ sallie mae" is this something i should be worried about?

will this fix up soon by it self or should i do something?

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: student loans reporting twice..

are 2 listed as closed & 2 as open?  it could be they sold your loans.  i have tons of accounts like that on my reports now.

Message 2 of 7
O-day
New Contributor

they are all showing as open, it would a different thing if 2 showed as closed, i guess i should wait and see?

Message 3 of 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

i would wait & see.  they don't report until the end of the month, so see what happens then.  i think they probably just transferred your loans.

Message 4 of 7
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@O-day wrote:

hello myfico! I checked my experian report today and i noticed that 2 of my student loans from sallie mae are reporting twice, the first 2 are listed as sallie mae and the other 2 are listed as "us dept of ed/ sallie mae" is this something i should be worried about?

will this fix up soon by it self or should i do something?

thanks in advance

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The first thing to notice is if the account numbers are different or the same. The next thing to take into consideration is how many times did you apply for additional school funds. Sallie Mae is known for listing each and every account every time you apply for additional school funds. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

every disbursement i've received from sallie is listed as a new loan with it's own tradeline.

Message 6 of 7
O-day
New Contributor

well they r listed as pretty much the same account number there is a letter extra in there. I think that since the new law that came out with student loans might have an affect on it, i guess i will wait in see a couple of months. the new one thats listed only has one payment listed while the old ones have had several months on it. they r both deffered but it shows as "OK" meaning paid as agreed since its defered.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.