Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

August 2015 Check In Thread

We're now officially 3/4 of the year complete! Crazy to think, right? There are still 4 more months left, so don't be discouraged if you haven't completed everything that you've set for yourself to do this year. Remember to start thinking now about Christmas. A novel idea I heard just recently from a family is that a mom asked her children if they wanted gifts or a trip instead. They choose every year, and every year they choose the trip. It's all about the experiences with our family, not our financially taxing tokens to them of affection. 

Achieve some milestones, either small or mighty? Change your goals or add new ones? Either way, are you closer this month to your goals?  I know you are all hard at work with your credit goals.  Have we progressed as far as we hoped?  Were there any unforseen expenses that cropped up and may have thrown you off schedule? Anything you think is appropriate to add is what we want to hear about. 

As a reminder, participation in these monthly check-ins is optional, but encouraged. The goal is to help keep you on track, so feel free to post your progress updates here. This is a no-judge zone; feel free to say what's keeping you up at night or give yourself kudos for having it all together.

Let us know how you're doing. Wishing you all the best of luck!

Super Contributor

Re: August 2015 Check In Thread

Well it has been a challenge but I made the Ruby and have held firm to no new apps. My goal (for the heck of it) is to hit 850 on the 300 to 850 FICO 08 Score. Don't have any reason other than as a personal challenge. Would like to app for the Barclay Ring and Chase AARP Cards but I will live without them as I have other cards to really cover the action! SO the Challenge has kept me on top of what I am doing.
Starting Score: 848
Current Score: 826
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Hope everyone had a productive July!  Well, cc balance went from $5011 down to $3191.  I was still hoping to have it all paid off by end of the summer, but I had something come up.  I need to have my bathtub and floor replaced in the main bath downstairs.  I've got a friend who does remodeling on the side after retireing from that line of work that is coming through for me.  I'm hoping to get the bath replaced and new flooring down for $1000.  Unfortunately, that only puts $600 toward my goal of paying off the cc.  Oh well, at least it's still going down and I can pay cash for the bath.  Part time job hours are going to be lower in the month of August too!  I've planned in my budget for that, but it still stinks!  I'll check back in next month.  See ya!!

Starting Score: 786
Current Score: 786
Goal Score: 850

Frequent Contributor

Anyone know why the icon does not show up in my siggy? Thanks.

BoA, Amex, Citi, Barclay, Chase cards user since 2013. 7 CCs, few INQs, PIFs with low util. Giving Kudos for good.

Starting Score (7/26/2015): TU: 737 | EX: 739 | EQ: 750. It was ~500 back in 2013-5.
Current Score (1/11/2016): TU: 754 | EX: 760 | EQ: 755.
Goal Score: 760+ ... Smiley Happy ...
Taking the myFICO Fitness Challenge. Gardening since 4/8/2016.
Frequent Contributor

Sorry, I think I have solved this problem by myself. Smiley LOL

BoA, Amex, Citi, Barclay, Chase cards user since 2013. 7 CCs, few INQs, PIFs with low util. Giving Kudos for good.

Starting Score (7/26/2015): TU: 737 | EX: 739 | EQ: 750. It was ~500 back in 2013-5.
Current Score (1/11/2016): TU: 754 | EX: 760 | EQ: 755.
Goal Score: 760+ ... Smiley Happy ...
Taking the myFICO Fitness Challenge. Gardening since 4/8/2016.
Established Member

Its August 2015 and here's my check-in for the month. I was successful in getting two judgments paid and satisfied.

I thought my scores would change but after reading here i realize this wont happen. However, i learned i could try to get

these vacated but im having problems finding information on how to file this with which form.

I added a Line of Credit $4000 and 3 Credit cards 1) walmart $600, 2) wells fargo $500, and 3) US bank $500. At this time

im in the garden until May 2016. I saw a drop in my credit score but i needed the credit to help me build and improve my score.

Lets see what September brings im making slow progess that im happy to report.

Buying a house
Established Member

Hello everyone

I pretty much hit the slower part of my climb up to a higher score, but up is better than down!

Currently my scores are:

Equifax - 612

TransUnion - 615

Experian - 594

I just had 2 updates in the past two days. Still waiting on Experian to catch up. 

All I am doing is paying my bills on time. 

I did get my goodwill letter responses back. Needless to say, I will send them out again next week.

Starting Score: 569
Current Score: EQ612, TU615, EX594
Goal Score: 650+ Across The Board

The light at the end is looking clearer! I paid off my Old Navy Card which only brought my score up a little bit according to CreditKarma. However, I applied for two more CapOne cards (QuickSilver and Journey) and was approved for both at $500 CL each! This has brought my CU down from 86% this morning to (estimate) +-56%.

I also got a full time job which pays well for an 18 year old, this plus confidence means that I should be past my goal of 650 and in the 700 club in no time!

I do have one question for the people that have all three scores in their siggy: Where do you get your scores every month? Do you pay for them on the bureaus' websites?

CapOnePlatinum: 1800 | OldNavyCard: 400 | CapOneQS: 500 | CapOneJourney: 500
Starting Score: 599
Current Score: 599
Goal Score: 650

Frequent Contributor

Whoa!  Checking in (late) for August.  I saw a 3 point increase from TU, 1 point decrease from EX and a 14 point INCREASE from EQ bringing me to the first over 700 score I've had that I've seen with my own eyes!  I took a picture just so I have proof haha  So at some point I'll probably update my goal score.  I got some lates removed from Navient so I'm guessing that's where that jump came from and hopefully the other CBs will follow suit.

Since I will be moving to a new city and starting a new job soon, my goal for now is to save for a deposit for a rental.  Once I start the new job, I'm going to focus on paying off my 0% interest balances and saving for my trip to Italy in 2016!!!

Re-entered the garden on 12/30/15 Seriously, I need to stop leaving!
Starting Score: EQ: 706 TU: 707 EX: 674 (on 1/3/16)
Current Score: EQ: 713 TU: 701 EX: 679
Goal Score: EQ: 720 TU: 720 EX: 690

Valued Contributor

Wow, already the 9th of August and kids are getting ready for back to school here.  November will be a year since my first official app spree.  Time surely does fly!  Hope everyone is doing well. Woman Wink

FICOS: EQ-812 TU-811 EX-818 Goal - 840-850 Across The Board
Total Credit Lines - 506K Gardening....
"I am the master of my fate and the captain of my destiny" Nelson Mandela

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.