cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

August Check In Thread

tag
knicole

Re: August Check In Thread

Well I started this focused journey with a 614 credit score. I have been religiously 'cleaning up' reports, pay off bills and staying current with everything. I am so proud that we have stayed the course and our entire household focus has changed to make better decisions in regards to credit  and debt. I am currently in the process of selling and purchasing a new home. As of 8/9/2013 by scores from all 3 have gone up:

EX FICO- 718

EQ FICO - 664

TU FICO - 627

The mortgage company I used got a paid collection remove and is requesting a rescore this week so I am hoping to see some improvements.

When I got my scores back from the first pull for the mortgage company my scores were:

EX - 701

EQ - 662

TU - 677

Trying to get my middle score up to 680+ for a better rate!!!!

Starting Score: 614
Current Score: 664
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 30
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You are so close, keep it up!
Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 12 of 30
Ontrack2win

That's wonderful!  You're so close to your goal keep up the great work that you're doing! 

Starting Score: 559
Current Score: 646
Goal Score: 725

Message 13 of 30
Roarmeister
Frequent Contributor

Still plugging along.  I started my 2nd vacation this year and racked up some cc charges today but I've been paying down the cc's for a while now.  I added a LOC tradeline and I took a temporary hit on the score for it.  I am guessing about 8 point drop that was partially offset by an estimate of a 3 point increase for my lower utilizations for a net drop of 5 points this month.  I am aiming for < 2% utilization by the end of the year.

Starting Score: EQ 732 October 2007; Current Score: EQ 839; TU 865, July 2022;
Oldest Reporting EQ Account: 20.4 years; EQ AAoA: 9.9 years;
ACTUAL Oldest account 40.1 years; ACTUAL AAoA 19.3 years.

Message 14 of 30
jeremy032180
Established Member

I'm still sitting at 663.  I tried leaving a 5% balance on my cc and it seemed to do nothing.  Next month I'll try leaving 7% and see what that does.  

Right now I have one secured card and 1 auto loan under 5k.  I get a lot of mail from credit card companies like American Express, Citi, etc.  I could use a new computer so I'm tempted to get a card at Best Buy or even a Visa/Amex/etc but I'm scared the limit will be low (I make 40k a year) and I'm scared of what the ding on my cr will take.

Starting Score: EQ - 618
Current Score: EQ - 663 TU - 668
Goal Score: 750

Message 15 of 30
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@jeremy032180 wrote:

I'm still sitting at 663.  I tried leaving a 5% balance on my cc and it seemed to do nothing.  Next month I'll try leaving 7% and see what that does.  

Right now I have one secured card and 1 auto loan under 5k.  I get a lot of mail from credit card companies like American Express, Citi, etc.  I could use a new computer so I'm tempted to get a card at Best Buy or even a Visa/Amex/etc but I'm scared the limit will be low (I make 40k a year) and I'm scared of what the ding on my cr will take.

You will take a ding, but those dings are necessary.  If you have a thin file, it doesn't let your CR grow as much.

July 2013 score:

Message 16 of 30
Huds0nvalleygirl

Hello -- I am new here.  I am really happy that I have begun this journey toward excellent Credit.  I continue to make much better decisions concerning my personal finances each day. My score is not where I want it to be but I have faith that I will reach my goal thru persistence and patience.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 527
Current Score: 582
Goal Score: 800

Message 17 of 30
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Huds0nvalleygirl wrote:

Hello -- I am new here.  I am really happy that I have begun this journey toward excellent Credit.  I continue to make much better decisions concerning my personal finances each day. My score is not where I want it to be but I have faith that I will reach my goal thru persistence and patience.  Smiley Happy

I'm certain you will too.  So get in here and get your feet wet!

July 2013 score:

Message 18 of 30
fembrist
Established Member

Hi all,

This is my first check in and I'm so excited! Credit (particularly my own) has always been something I was afraid of. In my younger years, I was somewhat careless with a few accounts and had no regard for the effect it would have on my credit. I really never thought it was such a big deal... until I actually needed my name to "speak for me." I was a victim of identity theft and that only made things worse. It's taken a very long time to get the things that were possible to clean up off of my report.

I've always settled and just got used to the idea that I have bad credit and that's it. No one would touch me. Now, I am glad to say that I am someone that creditors are actually willing to deal with and that makes me feel awesome. And thanks to this forum, it's only getting better.

As far as my check in goes, I'm at a bit of a stand still with my cards. I'd like to get them all paid off but admittedly I've been running them up like a madwoman in preparation for my wedding. Once all that blows over, I want to get my utilization down to about 10% or a little less.

22 credit cards (and hopefully not counting). Yeah, I'd better take a seat in the garden and have some tea or something!

Starting Score: 621
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 720

Message 19 of 30
Ontrack2win

Thank you for the encouragement!  I will be paying my car off next week so hopefully I'll see a slight bump from that.  I'm just glad I'm really learning how much bad credit effects your whole life.  Credit can determine where you will live, what you will pay, and even now where you will work.  I just wish I had known all this before.  But better late than never!

Starting Score: 559
Current Score: 646
Goal Score: 725

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.